The main objective of H-CUBE project is to estimate the hydrodynamic impacts of a geological and physical heterogeneity on:
(i) the hydrodynamic impacts associated with CO2 storage operations (aquifer pressurization and induced brine displacements);
(ii) CO2 plume migration, and on
(iii) the associated CO2 capacity storage performance.
To tackle such issue the H-CUBE project intends to develop fast and accurate techniques of simulation by combining:
- physical up-scaling based on homogenization developments of CO2 buoyant flow with dissolution in brines;
- up-gridding and smart meshing of large grid domain;
- fast flow simulations with the use of a dual mesh method;
- ranking techniques when dealing with multiple realization of heterogeneity field distribution;
- application to 3D static earth models based on realistic geological CO2 storage context.
The H-CUBE team: